The anti-abortion platform LifeSiteNews has become the lates channel to be censored by YouTube, as the company continues to crack down on any company it deems to be pro-life.
“Google-owned YouTube has removed LifeSiteNews entirely, without offering any warning or explanation, the pro-life group said Wednesday,” The Federalist reported. “Before the website’s channel was removed from the Internet’s largest video-sharing platform, LifeSiteNews had garnered more than 314,000 subscribers.”
“If you’re a conservative Christian, the tech giants hate you and want to eradicate you,” LifeSiteNews’ Doug Mainwaring wrote in a post on the group’s blog announcing the latest YouTube censorship. “It’s clear they think you shouldn’t exist. They’re kicking you out of the modern public square, the Internet, where only liberal voices are allowed to speak.”
Although the pro-life group disappeared from YouTube, but still retains its audiovisual materials on its Rumble channel.
Official comments from YouTube and LifeSiteNews
A YouTube spokesperson told the outlet “that LifeSiteNews was booted from the platform for accumulating too many violations under its strike system.”
“We terminated the LifeSiteNews Media channel for repeatedly violating our COVID-19 disinformation policy, which prohibits content that promotes prevention methods that contradict local health authorities or the WHO,” the company wrote in an email. “Any channel that violates our COVID-19 disinformation policy will receive a strike, which temporarily restricts uploading or live streaming. Channels that receive three strikes in the same 90-day period will be permanently removed from YouTube.”
Separately, a LifeSiteNews spokeswoman said the permanent suspension of the pro-life group’s account has prevented the group from knowing what prompted the latest strike.
“LifeSite has only posted several new videos to our channel in the last week. One of them, a show by our co-founder, John-Henry Westen, mentioned, in passing, a tweet from a Catholic bishop talking about abortion-tainted drugs and vaccines,” LifeSite said. “However, YouTube has not informed us whether this comment in fact is what caused us to be suspended.”
The group had previously received four strikes for “medical misinformation” since November. One was successfully appealed.
One of the videos posted by LifeSiteNews “showed a physician dismissing “unfounded public hysteria” about COVID-19. Another showed a doctor talking about his refusal to accept a vaccine derived from aborted babies, so the strike was overturned. A third video claimed that unborn babies were used in the development of vaccines that were alive at the time their bodies were exploited. It remains unclear what caused the group to strike for a third time,” The Federalist reported.
Censorship on YouTube has been on the rise in recent weeks.
Last week, “YouTube also decided to censor the U.S. Senate. It removed two videos of a session in which medical specialists offered their testimonies on the first treatments for patients with coronavirus (COVID-19),” reads a previous article of El American.
Republican Senator Ron Johnson revealed in an article in The Wall Street Journal that the deleted videos were part of a December 8th Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing. One was a 30-minute summary and the other was the opening statement of critical care specialist Pierre Kory.
The Senate case is reminiscent of the censorship of the conservative outlet New York Post on Twitter when the New York media published an exclusive about Hunter Biden‘s business dealings in Ukraine.
Twitter prevented the dissemination of the story, deleting or banning tweets, claiming that the information in the article, which turned out to be true, was unverified and could allegedly violate hacking rules.