Leer en Español
In Florida, we believe veterans have a wealth of knowledge and experience they can bring to the classroom, so we created a new program to help veterans become teachers.
We stand by our veterans and want them in our classrooms. pic.twitter.com/PlDIb3lz8w
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) August 11, 2022
DeSantis’ team indicated that “the State Board of Education will consider a rule to allow military veterans to obtain a 5-year temporary teaching certificate without a bachelor’s degree, providing the following criteria are met:”
- Minimum of 48 months of military service with honorable/medical discharge.
- Minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.5-grade point average.
- Passing score on a Florida subject area examination.
- Employment in a Florida school district, including charter schools.
- Cleared background screening.