Leer en Español
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ team responded to the lawsuit against the Republican for sending illegal migrants to Martha’s Vineyard. The governor demonstrated, primarily, that it is false that the trip was made without citizen authorization.
Governor DeSantis’ spokeswoman, Taryn Fenske, said that the lawsuit is a political theater. “If these activists spent even a fraction of this time and effort at the border, perhaps some accountability would be brought to the Biden Administration’s reckless border policies that entice illegal immigrants to make dangerous and often lethal journeys through Central America and put their lives in the hands of cartels and Coyotes,” Fenske told Fox News.
The spokeswoman gave the news outlet a form in which illegal migrants authorized the governor’s team to make the trips. The document reads, “I agree to hold the benefactor or its designed representatives harmless of all liability arising out of or in any way relating to any injuries and damages that may occur during the agreed transport to locations outside of Texas until the final destination in Massachusetts.”
A lawsuit was filed last week against DeSantis, alleging that the governor and others “designed and executed a premeditated, fraudulent, and illegal scheme centered on exploiting this vulnerability for the sole purpose of advancing their own personal, financial and political interests.”
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, a Republican, sent a plane loaded with 50 illegal immigrants to the island of Martha’s Vineyard, located south of the Cape Cod peninsula in Massachusetts.
In response to the arrival of illegal migrants on the island, the Massachusetts government announced the transfer to the Joint Base Cape Cod (JBCC) of half a hundred migrants sent untimely last Wednesday night by the governor of Florida.