Capitolio, El American

Majority Believe Capitol Riot Investigation Commission Is Biased, Harvard Study Finds

Forty-two percent of respondents think the commission of inquiry into the Capitol riots is fair, while a majority think it is a “partisan exercise”

[Leer en español]

Fifty-eight percent of voters believe the commission set up by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol Hill riots is “biased,” according to a poll conducted by Harvard’s Center for American Policy Studies (CAPS) and The Harris Poll.

As The Hill reported Monday, 42% of respondents believe the investigative committee is fair, while the majority, the remaining 58%, think it is a “partisan exercise” executed by Pelosi.

“Americans want an examination of the riots over the summer and the origins of the virus over investigating Jan. 6th,” Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll co-director Mark Penn told The Hill. “The voters reject the Pelosi move to toss Republicans off of the committee and see it now as just a partisan exercise.”

Pelosi blocked Republican Representatives Jim Jordan (OH) and Jim Banks (IN) from participating on the committee, later issuing a statement saying she would not allow their cooperation “out of respect” for the investigation.

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee,” Pelosi said of the matter.

Shortly thereafter, Pelosi appointed Republican critics of Donald Trump, Liz Cheney (WY) and Adam Kinzinger (IL), in an attempt to constitute an “unbiased” panel.

Should Biden Take a Cognitive Test to Remain in Office?*
This poll gives you free access to our premium politics newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

For her part, Republican Senator Susan Collins told CNN that she is “very disappointed” in the “partisan” commission ultimately selected by Pelosi.

“I fought very hard to have an independent, bipartisan commission to look at all of the events of [Jan. 6], and I’m very disappointed that it was not approved. I think it would’ve had far more credibility than Speaker Pelosi’s partisan committee,” Collins said.

The Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll, which was conducted with a sample of 1,788 registered voters between July 28 and July 29, will be posted this week on its website.

Previous Article
Tras ola de regulación del PCCh, inversionistas pierden más de 400,000 millones

Investors Have Lost Over $400 Billion in China in 2021

Next Article

0.001% Of Vaccinated Americans Have Died of COVID-19

Related Posts