Skip to content

Four People Stabbed on New York City Subway

our People Stabbed on New York City Subway

Leer en Español

[Leer en español]

A man stabbed four people inside the subway in New York. Police are deployed in search of the attacker.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea reported that all four attacks occurred on the A line, which runs through New York from northern Manhattan to southern Queens. Two of the victims were killed and two others are hospitalized.

The attacks began late Friday night when a 67-year-old man was stabbed by an unknown man at the 181st Street station in northern Manhattan and was later treated at a nearby hospital.

In addition, a dead man was found with stab wounds to the neck and torso at the Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue station in Queens at about 11:30 local time on Friday (04.30 GMT Saturday), NYPD Transportation Chief Kathleen O’Reilly detailed.

About two hours later, a 44-year-old woman was found unconscious inside a train car at the 207th Street station in northern Manhattan with “several stab wounds” and was taken to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Less than 20 minutes later, police responded to calls of a 43-year-old man who had been stabbed at the 181st Street station in Manhattan, who was transported to a hospital facility, where he had to undergo surgery.

The two survivors are helping police identify their attacker, preliminarily described by officials as a light-skinned man who is only five feet tall and wears a face mask.

“Three of these incidents appear to be related and the Detective Bureau is investigating the possibility that all four could have been committed by one person,” O’Reilly said.

“We will work tirelessly to bring the individual or individuals to justice,” he emphasized.

Suspect arrested

Police confirmed Sunday that they arrested one person after the events. The man was captured in Upper Manhattan on Saturday.

His shoes were still splattered with the blood of his victims when he was arrested, and he was still in possession of the bloody knife, a source added.

The still-named suspect was being held at the 34th Precinct in Washington Heights on Saturday, the sources said. Police said Sunday that he has since been transferred from the precinct, though they did not say where.

Leave a Reply