Elon Musk

Elon Musk Would Donate $6 Billion to U.N. If They Show It Could End World Hunger

The entrepreneur replied to Beasley and said he would sell an equivalent percentage of Tesla stock if Beasley would tell him exactly how that money would end world hunger

[Leer en español]

Tesla mogul and CEO Elon Musk responded to a challenge from United Nations Food Programme President David Beasley, who claimed that just 2% of Musk’s $6 billion fortune could end world hunger.

The entrepreneur replied to Beasley and said he would sell an equivalent percentage of Tesla stock if Beasley would tell him exactly how that money would end world hunger.

Musk also demanded that in order to donate the money there would have to be conditions of absolute transparency about where the money would go: “It must be an open source of accounting, so the public can see precisely how the money will be spent.

Beasley assured Musk that there would be absolute transparency of how the money would be used and asserted to Musk that, “Your team can review and work with us to be completely confident.”

Despite Beasley’s response, the public on twitter pressed the WFP CEO to explain how Musk’s $6 billion would end world hunger.

Do you support the Supreme Courts decision in overturning Roe vs. Wade?*
This poll gives you free access to our premium politics newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

The digital security company’s co-founder, Eli David, pointed out that the WFP received as much as $8.2 billion in 2020, yet failed to end world hunger. In El American, with numbers provided by economist Dambisa Moyo, it was estimated that despite receiving an average of $20 billion in donations over nearly 50 years, Africa never managed to end the famine that still persists in many of its countries.

Beasley admitted that it would not be enough to end world hunger

In the end Beasley ended up admitting that $6 billion would not be enough to end world hunger, however, it would prevent “geopolitical instability, mass migration and save 42 million people on the brink of starvation.” Beasley offered to meet with Elon Musk as soon as possible, and would be on the first flight to meet with him, as “the stakes are high.”

Elon Musk did not agree to meet with Beasley, but did ask him to “please publish your current spending and proposal in detail so people can see exactly where the money is going.”

Criticizing Biden’s tax plan

Musk, last week, was also in the middle of another controversy following the announcement that the Democratic Party was considering implementing an unrealized capital gains tax, an asset appreciation tax on the wealthiest 1 percent.

Musk noted that the tax would only pay for 10% of President Joe Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending plan, while he claimed the other 90% would come from ordinary taxpayers.

The billionaire noted that due to the growth of the U.S. debt, which today exceeds 126% of its gross domestic product, it would be impossible to fund the government with its current spending, even if they imposed a 100% tax on all billionaires in the country. As Musk shows, the average taxpayer has $227,000 in debt that will continue to grow as fiscal deficits in the country increase.

Previous Article
Administración Biden niega haber ofrecido prebendas para "comprar" diputados en El Salvador

Biden Admin Denies Having Offered Perks to Congressmen in El Salvador

Next Article
Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz: 'Big Tech is the Single Biggest Threat to Free Speech in America'

Related Posts