Esta entrada también está disponible en: Español
Black Lives Matter (BLM) activist Tay Anderson is back in his Denver Public Schools Board position months after being accused of sexually abusing 62 minor and undocumented students and with an ongoing criminal investigation.
According to ABC7 news in Denver, the same news outlet that publicized his announcement to return to his job, the sexual abuse investigations against Anderson have cost the Denver Public School Board of Education nearly $50,000 so far.
And while the sexual abuse investigation against Anderson continues, that is exactly what’s motivating him to return. “The timeline of this external private investigation has changed multiple times and the scope of its inquiry continues to change,” the accused said to ABC7.
“Although I remain committed to engaging in a transparent and fair process, I can no longer wait for this process to conclude to initiate my return to serving the families of the Denver Public Schools,” Anderson added.
The allegations were first made during March, but it was not until May 25 that the first public testimony against Anderson was stated in front of the Colorado State Legislature.
Mary-Katherine Brooks Fleming, the mother of three Denver public school students, told the state House Judiciary Committee that there is “a sexual predator targeting children in public schools,” during her testimony in support of a bill that would make it easier for victims to sue institutions that employ child sex abusers.
Following the sexual abuse allegations, which he labeled “false and baseless,” Tay Anderson agreed to resign out of respect for the students until the investigation is completed.
However, Tay Anderson appears to have the support of the Public Schools Board. In response to the announcement of his return, the Board said they are not empowered to close the investigation before examining the evidence. This was reported by CBS Denver’s 9news.
“One of the reasons that the Board launched this investigation was because, consistent with our values, we believed a young Black man deserved due process and a fair evaluation of anonymous allegations that were made on social media. We hired independent, neutral, and trained investigators to review these claims,” the Public Schools Board said.