Work with Us
Director of Social Media
REMOTE / CONTENT / FULL-TIME
El American is expanding rapidly, and we’re searching for a Director of Social Media to head up our social media efforts. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that is responsible for both managing our social media efforts across our existing text and multimedia based franchises and launching new social-first franchises. This is a unique opportunity to be a leader within a key strategic growth area for El American overall.
While this position is based in Miami, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
– Lead social media content creation strategy and operations for El American
– Hire, manage, develop, and motivate a team of social media creators and strategists
– Have a keen understanding of El American’s target audience, ensuring that content is engaging for existing and new audiences
– Optimize and grow existing social account engagement and performance
– Work with engagement editor to create editorial promotion plans for newsletter and other text-first content
– Work with multimedia teams and franchises to create promotional content and social-first content
– Ideate and launch social-first franchises, taking ideas from conception to launch and beyond
– Create a culture of experimentation, testing, and learning across platforms
– Take a data-focused approach that uses relevant data to inform smart content creation choices to engage and grow audiences
– Coordinate with design, growth, tech, and brand teams on cross-functional initiatives, in conjunction with the Head of Multimedia and Head of Content
– 5-7+ years of experience in social media content creation and promotion
– Deep understanding of major platforms including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and working knowledge of other large or emerging platforms such as TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, and Quora
– Demonstrated knowledge and passion for business, business lifestyle, and work-life related topics
– Strong content creation skills, with an ability to nimbly tell and promote stories in a witty and engaging way
– Ability to couple analytical and data-oriented insights with creative thinking to test, iterate, and optimize social media content
– User-first orientation, with strong intuition and taste for what resonates with our audience
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with other creators and cross-functional leaders
– Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple workflows in a fast-paced environment
About El American
El American is a new digital media platform for Latinos providing thought provoking and counter cultural news, opinion and analysis.
Unapologetically Pursuing Freedom
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our readers.
Please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]