Esta entrada también está disponible en: Español
We are getting closer and closer to the November midterms, and I believe that all conservative, libertarian and even apolitical Americans can agree that this will be the most important legislative process in the last decades, two more years with Democrats having an absolute majority in both houses plus the Presidency would be catastrophic, even for the Democratic electorate itself, which blindly supports an anti-American and destructive agenda.
Beyond the different opinions that each citizen may have, it is easy to understand why a part of Americans have been seduced by leftist promises, especially taking into account the overwhelming dominance of the Democrats in the media and social networks.
However, the Republicans have the opportunity to recompose this distressing situation and recover, not only the chambers of Congress, but the greatness of the United States and improve the economy of its citizens, and for this, it is essential not only a big tax cut and a decrease in public spending but a whole series of political, social and cultural actions that accompany the restoration of the country.
Republicans should seriously commit themselves during the campaign to the following points:
- Drastically cut the resources of various federal agencies, starting with the FBI and IRS, returning power to the states and limiting the actions of federal agencies that have been hijacked by leftist activists.
- Commit to a big tax cut to bet on more job creation and less government intervention in the economy and in the lives of Americans.
- Reduce government spending and debt.
- Take power away from teachers’ unions and give parents the power over their children’s education, while promoting school choice.
- Remove woke doctrines from the military, schools and federal agencies, replacing them with American values and patriotism.
These 5 points should be the cornerstone of every Republican’s political campaign and should be included in every reform that conservatives seek to make to the federal government. America was founded on the principle of limited government and power to the people, it is time to revive the premises of the founding fathers and make the country once again the land of liberties.
"*" indicates required fields
Note: This article originally appeared in El American’s newsletter on August 16, 2022. Subscribe for free here!
Emmanuel Rincón is a lawyer, writer, novelist and essayist. He has won several international literary awards. He is Editor-at-large at El American // Emmanuel Rincón es abogado, escritor, novelista y ensayista. Ganador de diversos premios literarios internacionales. Es editor-at-large en El American